Innovation Center Project Manager
Innovation Center Project Manager
For forward-thinking companies that breathe life into our wardrobes, car interiors, furniture and more, Lectra is committed to crafting the premium technologies they desire. Facilitating the digital transformation of their industry, Lectra empowers brands and manufacturers from design to production, providing them with the market respect and peace of mind they deserve. Founded in 1973, today Lectra has 34 subsidiaries across the globe serving customers in over 100 countries.
Are you passionate about Fashion, innovation and technology or an event professional? Come and join a dynamic and enthusiastic team to manage our Innovation Center in NYC.
Lectra Innovation Center is located in Chelsea, Manhattan and allow its guests to experience the art of possible, the latest and future fashion innovation for the Fashion industry, from Artificial intelligence software, PLM, 2D/3D pattern development to innovative print to cut workflow or OnDemand manufacturing.
To lead this highly strategic center, we are looking for someone who is guest-centric, organized, hands-on with in-depth industry experience and a passionate team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Innovation Center Manager is tasked with creating “WOW!” guest experiences everyday while driving us towards our sales goals. Our Innovation Center Manager will represent the Lectra brand and be the central point of communication for our guests – and is expected to build and nurture long-lasting relationships with internal and external guests including brands, manufacturers, retailers, schools, technology partners.
Desire to grow with a fun marketing culture where innovation is everything? Do you pride yourself on both your organizational nature and top-notch communication skills? Your work will drives innovation across the whole supply chain, from collection development, to merchandising to manufacturing: from apparel and fashion to home & leisure. With a strong organizational background you will run the facility and the show from events to tours and demonstration.
We at Lectra believe in a strong team-oriented environment and value the amazing contributions of each of our team members. The opportunities for growth and impact are many, but here are a few things we’re excited for you to work on:
- Manage and coordinate the day to day innovation center including all facility management, in-house events, internal and external communication as well as promotion.
- Manage a team of 2 sewing and designer professional as well coordinate expert resources to ensure the success of the events and demonstrations
- Act as an facility manager to ensure the smooth operation of the 18,000 sqf facility
- Work with Gerber sales and experts teams, customers and partners to explore, develop and deliver events based on innovations that will shape the future of the Fashion industry.
- Coordinate and negotiate all aspects of contractual agreements with internal and outside vendor relationships in order to achieve the greatest profitability.
- Create, manage and track events P&L’s, timelines, and KPIs
- Act as a source of ideas to create and present new event concepts and themes to increase lead generation
- Monitor the industry trends and innovation, write blogs, news articles and stay on top of social medias.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Close interaction with Lectra North America regional marketing and Sales team, Lectra HQ Marketing, Interacts with customers, vendors, Schools and associations.
To succeed in this position, we’d foresee that you…
- Pride yourself on your high EQ and an enthusiasm for building relationships.
- Are able to function independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Take pride in being a skilled communicator who can tailor messaging to audience
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear presentations adapted to the target audience.
- Are highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Have strong project management experience and ability to manage on-going multiple priorities.
- Can interact with diverse teams and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Have strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office and SalesForce software.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the B2B hospitality, innovation center, facility management preferred
- Minimum of 6 years in event management in a B2B high tech environment
- Industry experience in Fashion & Apparel, high tech, innovation, and creative event development
- Writing and verbal communication skills
- Social medias
- Proficient in SalesForce CRM, Microsoft Office
IN A PERFECT WORLD…
- Fashion or textile background
- B2B Event management background
- Innovation Center or demo center experience
The position is based in New York on-site only.
Lectra and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.