Virtual image creator
Virtual image creator
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
VICE is a team of experts who bring lululemon premium product to life in a digital ecosystem. In partnership with cross-functional peers they support the product team to ensure silhouette, function and design intent are delivered in the form of a virtual prototype that is an accurate representation of the physical product. The team enables agile and efficient product creation by connecting digital work throughout the development, production, and retail of lululemon products.
They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritising team connection and enjoying creative sessions together.
A day in the life:
· Lead digital initiatives by developing standards and best practices for new and existing virtualization tools
· Collaborate with cross-functional partners on the creation of virtual prototypes and/or 3D models through simulation, mapping and rendering during the development of new styles
· Build and maintain digital libraries, including but not exclusive to, virtual RM library, Avatar library, rendering standard library, virtual store fixtures and/or environments that will satisfy business needs and fuel growth
· Communicate and engage cross-functional team members to ensure digital standards are utilized during product creation and manufacturing
· Enroll vendor partners in digital product creation processes by developing and supporting company standards through the education of vendors and evaluation of their digital submissions
· Collaborate with cross-functional peers to have virtual prototypes and/or 3D models created in virtual environments prior to key product lead gates and presentations
· Work with Brand, Merchandising and E-comm teams to build virtual prototypes and/or 3D models for guest facing purposes
· Train and mentor product team members in 3D software throughout digital product creation
· Drive process efficiency and bring a solution-oriented approach to all tasks
· Understand the end to end development and production cycle of physical products
· Partner with Design to create virtual prototypes and/or 3D models in preparation for pre-season Creative Kick-off gates
· 5+ years of experience in apparel industry (as it relates to 3D), Digital Product Design and/or 3D Product Animation or Graphic formally recognized education
· Proficiency in Browzwear, Clo3, and/or other CAD programs
· Experience in Patternmaking, Gerber, and Adobe Suite is an asset
· Strong team player/collaborator, able to work cross-functionally
· Able to work against tight deadlines
· Attention to detail, initiative, strong verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
· Strong technical knowledge of rendering, simulating, mapping, fabric draping, modelling & texturizing
· Skilled at technical communication with cross-functional partners
· Self-motivated, strong sense of urgency, and a collaborative mindset
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment
· Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
· Curiosity for change and learning; capable of managing ambiguity
The goal for this candidate is to grow and develop into a Senior Virtual Image Creation Engineer. As they continue to work within the company, their job position and requirements will be reviewed and amended based on their level and skill set
To apply for this job please visit careers.lululemon.com.