Forecasts from Top Experts in CGI, Fashion, Games and XR
When we look back on a turbulent year in technology, we’ve seen tremendous advancement: from the booming development of generative AI platforms and tools to the beginning of a new age in VR headsets and regulatory reforms in the fashion industry. But 2023 also brought tech CEO controversies, stock market declines, and layoffs.
The lines separating various creative fields are becoming more and more blurred, which is in tune with why Magic Fabric was once created as a platform and community. With the gaming, fashion, and XR sectors becoming more and more entwined, how do we now categorize and define them?
I wanted to bring together a group of experts from different fields in technology, fashion, and digital entertainment to hear about their predictions and ideas for 2024. These visionaries are not only knowledgable in their fields; they have intentionally immersed themselves in work fields that are incredibly fast-paced with a high level of future uncertainty. What makes their insights particularly interesting is that several of them have left big corporate careers leveraging their extensive experience to pioneer new, nimble, and innovative ventures and studios.
As we’re now tapping into their 2024 forecasts and ideas we are kickstarting a fresh new year equipped with a versatile toolbox of technology, more powerful than any generation has experienced.
Magdalena Zalewska & Nikita Shestakov
– Megatrends influencing the industry in the upcoming years
– What creators to keep an eye on in 2024
VP GLOBAL CREATIVE, UBISOFT
– Trends that will define the game industry next year
– Top game releases in 2023 and the ones coming up
TECHNICAL CREATIVE DIRECTOR, BUOY STUDIO
– Top Immersive Experiences 2023
– Defining what’s coming up in the realm of VR and AR
FOUNDER AND SENIOR KNIT ENGINEER, ATHENS KNIT LAB
– Exclusive insights about the latest in material science
– Expert forecasts on what’s coming in fashion and materials
3D ARTIST, STUDIO SCHWENK
– How AI is impacting craftsmanship
– The names and studios to keep an eye on next year
FOUNDER AND CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF SKO-LAB
– Expert insights from the cutting-edge side of footwear
– Forecast on fashion and innovation in 2024