XR Developer (Unity)
(Those without VR dev portfolios need not apply)
We’re looking for a kick-ass Unity developer who is passionate about video games, interaction design and spatial computing. As a frontend developer at TRIPP VR, you will work closely with UX designers, art directors, back-end engineers, PM’s and leadership to improve usability and delight throughout the TRIPP VR app. If you’re the type who nerds out about designing UI with parallax, spatial audio, haptics, motion curves and juicy interactive feedback, we have exciting work with your name on it! Our ideal candidate has a strong pulse on industry design trends and is excited about being part of concepting, building those concepts as scrappy prototypes, and then implementing them as pixel-perfect features for our hundreds of thousands of paying TRIPP users.
TRIPP is the creator of an award-winning, science-based XR application that supports our users in managing their mental and emotional well-being. With just under 40 employees, TRIPP has delivered millions of sessions to hundreds of thousands of paying users worldwide as the category-leading consumer XR wellness service. TRIPP offers competitive pay, benefits, remote-work flexibility, and career growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and ability to work with Unity’s UI system, for head-mounted displays like Meta Quest, PSVR2, Pico, etc.
- Work alongside our UX designers to brainstorm, prioritize, develop, test and release world-class interactive features.
- Design and create reusable, dynamic and spatial UX that moves us away from 2D rectangular panels
- Apply knowledge of Unity’s nested prefab system to improve reusability of assets
- Collaborate with the team to troubleshoot and solve simple UI bugs
- Work with libraries of existing 3D and 2D game assets
- Create prototypes for user research, to unearth findings and move ideas forward
- Effectively communicate your work, highlighting your recommendations through thoughtful reasoning, seeking (and giving) respectful feedback along the way
- Wire UI events for pulling analytics
- Handoff UI components by packaging pre-fabs and writing documentation for use by other developers
- Work with multiple developers who are contributing to the same code base (for delivery mostly, not as important for scrappy prototypes)
- Help lead TRIPP toward improved systems and workflows, contributing to overall project efficiency.
- Collaborate with product and business team members to deliver on company goals
- Strong Unity experience (3 to 5+ years)
- Strong C# knowledge, architecture and design patterns best practices.
- Experience working with teams on larger codebases.
- Experienced with XRI Toolkit
- A portfolio that demonstrates VR development work
- Knowledge of UI principles and spatial design concepts
- Pulse on XR design community and passionate about the medium (lots of time in headset with many different types of experiences)
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with a knack for improving systems and workflows.
- Attention to detail in development and testing
- Ability to work well in a team, collaborating with colleagues to deliver on shared objectives.
- (Bonus) Strong analytical skills and the ability to contribute to product development discussions and decisions.
- A strong work ethic, a self-starter mentality, and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Experience delivering cross-platform (PSVR2, Pico, Quest, etc.)
- Ability to write out detailed explicit enter/exit/alternate conditions with wireframing tools (UML, etc.)
- Augmented Reality experience
- Interested in Shaders
- Experience with Firebase or other backend systems is beneficial but not crucial.
- Experience working in 3D suites like Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, etc.
- Experience with Airtable and other video game asset management systems
- Experience delivering across multiple HMD platforms through a single unified branch
To learn if your background aligns with our needs, please email your resume as an attachment and your cover letter and salary requirements in the body of the email. Email: [email protected] Subject: “VR Developer”
TRIPP is an equal-opportunity employer.
More About TRIPP
TRIPP is the award-winning leader in XR wellness, offering research-informed, measurable XR and mobile experiences designed for mind-body health. TRIPP has the largest footprint today in the XR wellness category, offering its service in a device-agnostic manner on the Oculus platform, Sony Playstation VR, and Nreal (in collaboration with leading global telcos). The TRIPP platform is privacy compliant, highly data-centric, adaptable, and scalable as both a B2C and B2B service. TRIPP is based in Los Angeles and backed by leading venture capital firm, Mayfield, as well as other credible investors.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.