Researcher in Immersive Experiences / XR
Vicomtech (www.vicomtech.org) stands as a pioneering applied R&D Centre, specializing in Visual Computing, Interaction, and Artificial Intelligence. With a team comprising over 250 highly qualified professionals, we are dedicated to applied research and technology transfer. Our mission is to seamlessly integrate cutting-edge research into innovative applications across various sectors and societal domains.
The selected person will join a team of 20 people in the Digital Media & Communications department. The research staff at Vicomtech has creative freedom when conducting research, looking for creative solutions to scientific-technological challenges, so we are looking for a proactive and autonomous person who likes to train and address new challenges. For this, we offer opportunities in the training and education of people, defining from the beginning a career and professional progression. In addition, Vicomtech has policies of conciliation, to achieve a balance between work and family life, remote work and equal employment opportunities.
We are looking for aspiring and experienced researchers in the field of immersive experiences to join our team in San Sebastian or Bilbao.
Candidates must have:
- Education: Engineering or Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications. A Master’s Degree in the field of telecommunications or computer science will be an asset.
- Experience in software development. We will value knowledge of technologies such as WebXR, Three.js, Unity, or Unreal.
- Knowledge and motivation to research on eXtended Reality technologies (XR/AR/VR) and volumetric media.
- Interest in pursuing a career as a researcher in this area. We will value previous scientific publications and the willingness to start a PhD.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia – San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary work team within the Digital Media department.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.