3D Footwear Designer
Website On Running
On is looking for a Visual Exploration Designer, who has a strong design portfolio, expertise in 3D modelling and an endless curiosity to keep up with trends and new emerging tools. As a Visual Exploration Designer, you will focus on creating innovative concepts and products with a high level of design aesthetics. Whether this is for a high-performance athlete, further development of an existing trail shoe model, or in the fashion world, you are equally enthusiastic. You deliver performance without compromising on style, working at the intersection of design, innovation, product management, development and testing to build the future of On.
- Be an integral part of the Innovation Design team and push the boundaries of On’s pinnacle future products and technology platforms.
- Use rapid sketching and prototyping methods to bring blue sky innovation concepts to life and transfer them into holistic design projects while bridging innovation and inline design.
- Own your projects from design concepts through to final delivery.
- Collaborate with our Zurich-based and our Vietnam-based development teams on creating functional and performance-driven products.
- Develop new workflows and implement new digital creation tools to improve On’s ability to innovate and speed up prototyping capabilities.
- You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in product/industrial design and/or design engineering.
- You have 3+ years of experience working on global innovation teams, delivering world-class visual solutions and designing performance products.
- You have an innovative mind with a strong drive to push the boundaries of product design and innovation.
- You have excellent knowledge of 3D and AI tools. – You have good sketching and mock-up skills and a hands-on mentality.
- You have a strong interest in performance products as well as a general connection to sports and the ability to translate those into products.
- You possess deep knowledge of advanced materials and manufacturing processes.
- You have a structured mind, excellent communication, and presentation skills.
- You thrive when working with cross-functional teams – including material scientists, engineers, product managers, and designers.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
About the Team
You will work in the Innovation design studio with an international team of experts, designers, developers across different disciplines, designing and developing the most advanced products and technologies. We deliver breakthrough Innovation and Design by leveraging state of the art manufacturing technologies and design tools. This team envisions and develops the most exciting long-term innovation solutions into high level product concepts that are driven by Athlete Performance and Sustainability goals. To be truly disruptive in this space this team rethinks the ways we make our products from the ground up and we seamlessly integrate design and technology to unlock new opportunities.