Art Production Manager
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of VR and MR, building a movement for movement.
We’ve built a growing range of fitness studios, from box workouts with world-class trainers like Olympian Nicola Adams to immersive dance classes. While nothing compares to trying it yourself, you can watch a trailer here.
FitXR is available on Meta Quest 2 and has been downloaded by over a million people worldwide. Featured in Forbes, Empire, T3, Washington Post, Men’s Health, GQ and more. In 2022, FitXR ranked 6th in The Information’s 50 Most Promising Startups.
We’ve got a newly created Art Production Manager role for someone who wants to seriously level up our approach to art, and add to an already incredible team.
Our art team is made up of technical artists and animators, as well as 3D design and concept art. We need someone to cohesively lead the team to deliver our vision, which encapsulates environments distinguished by static, interactive, and reactive elements, offering users a multi-faceted experience.
What you’ll find here
- A highly talented team of specialists with a shared vision
- A culture built on delivering greatness, sharing feedback and trying new things – you’ll have the space to experiment
- A 3 year plan with art as a core focus, and a strong belief across the business that it will elevate us into the next league
- An openness to challenge and improve – we have solid foundations, but clear areas where we want to better our ways of working
- An excellent benefits package – see below
Where you’ll spend your time
- Lead, mentor, and inspire the art team, ensuring they have what they need to produce their best work
- Drive the evolution of art techniques, ensuring Fit XR remains at the cutting edge of VR aesthetics and technology
- Manage the end-to-end art production pipeline, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality assets
- Implement strategies to optimise art workflows and asset production
- Troubleshoot and solve technical challenges related to art production
- Collaborate with the Design Director and project leads to align the art direction with the overall vision of the product
- Provide feedback and critiques to elevate the quality of the artwork
- In collaboration with Project managers, define tasks, set project milestones, and manage art deliverables according to production timelines
We’d love to see from you
- Extensive experience in art production, with a focus on gaming or VR application
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven expertise in Unity and familiarity with its art integration best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of art techniques and best practices in the XR space
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with an iterative design process, incorporating feedback and evolving design solutions based on evolving project requirements
- Experience in working closely with cross functional teams
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
Initial screen (30 mins) with the talent team
Deep dive interview (60 mins) with the hiring team
Collaborative task stage (60 mins) with the wider creative team
Final interview (30 mins) with our founder
Some roles will have extra stages but we’ll let you know as early as possible if so.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
As well as being fully remote, our benefits include:
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
📈 Stock options – everyone is an owner
🌱£800 per annum learning budget and £400 home office setup budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (Private Health Insurance available)
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Brand new VR headset
🚴♂️ Travel passes or cycle/car schemes
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave
To apply for this job please visit fitxr-1642768457.teamtailor.com.